"I think I’ll run out of superlatives to describe this final recording. Awesome! Amazing! Brilliant! Exceptional! Outstanding! Incredible! Un-believable! Inconceivable!...........yet conceived and borne to fruition! I am so proud to be a part of “I Don’t Even Play Guitar.”" - Glenn Valles, India
WRITE WITH US!
A NEW SERVICE
Would you like to collaborate with us? We will write with you to create a song that you believe in, comes from your heart, and moves you when you play and hear it.
We’ll start with an idea you feel strongly about sharing. We’ll help you find this. We’ll develop a situation/storyline that is emotional and dramatic. It will have a focused point of view that you feel needs to be shared, something you have learned and that might help others. (This includes how to have fun!)
We will write a strong melody that brings out the feelings of the lyric. When we are all happy with it, Pete & Pat will provide you with a very rough drums, rhythm guitars, vocals work demo you can take to a studio to produce a master quality demo, if that is your choice. We can produce a master demo if you wish, for a cost to be determined by how elaborate a production you desire.
The collaboration service costs $100 an hour, capping at four hours’ expense to you. If it takes less than four hours to complete the writing of the song, you will pay whatever that amount is. If it takes more than four hours, we will continue to work for however long it takes to complete the writing of the song, for no additional charge. That means that you will not pay more than $400 no matter how long it takes us to finish the song to its best expression.
This is a learn-by-doing process. There couldn’t be a better way to learn how to improve your songwriting skills, and how to get in touch with communicating your emotions through songs. We will give our best creative and educational effort at all times. The resulting song will be co-owned by all collaborators in equal shares. Our collaboration agreement is below.
Our preferred way of doing this with out of town writers is via Skype. We have also done it on the phone. If you live in the Nashville area, we’ll meet at our home in Goodlettsville.
We believe in the songs we are writing this way and pitch them when appropriate. Please visit our myspace page to listen to songs we have written in this way with writers from Portland, OR to Mumbai, India. http://www.myspace.com/writesongs
This agreement is entered into regarding a jointly written a song entitled “________________” We, the undersigned, agree to collaborate in writing the aforementioned song with the following understandings:
1) We agree that the song is owned in equal shares of words and music by each of us and we agree to divide equally any and all songwriter’s royalties we may receive from the sale or promotion of this song.
2) We agree that __________________________________ is responsible for paying the expense of producing a demo of this song.
3) We agree that the publishing rights in this song are equally divided among the writers.
4) We agree that any expenses incurred by each writer’s publishing company in the promotion of this song are the sole responsibility of that publisher.
5) We agree that this collaboration has no effect on any collaborative efforts on other songs.
6) We agree that no changes may be made in the lyric and melody without the unanimous consent of the writers, except in the case of an imminent commercial recording where time does not allow for consultation among the writers.
7) We agree to keep each other advised of any change of address, email address or phone number, so that we can contact each other to transact any business necessary for this song. If communication sent by registered mail to a last known address is returned undeliverable, the rest of the parties can act without the knowledge or consent of the missing party/ies. Any moneys that come due to the missing party will be held in an escrow account in their name. Seven years after a party is missing, his or her moneys will be equally divided among those who are still in contact.
8) We agree that if a dispute should arise over this agreement, we will submit it to arbitration by a lawyer of unanimous choice or by the American Arbitration Association.
9) We agree in the event of the death of one or any of the parties to this Agreement, all rights and percentages of the deceased of the composition stipulated in this Agreement shall pass to the heirs as designated in the will of the deceased. In the absence of a will, all rights of the deceased shall pass to the nearest next of kin of the deceased.
Signatures on page 2......
Pat & Pete have been conducting songwriting workshops since 1979.
Our new Writer's Digest Book is brimming with information!
Our step-by-step guide to writing a song!
One-hour Coached Songwriting